- Fellowship: Pediatric Gastroenterology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, Nashville, TN
- Residency: Pediatrics, David Grant Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base, CA
- Medical Degree: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO
- Bachelor of Science: Biochemistry, Whittier College, Whittier, CA
About the Provider
Dr. David S. Jones comes to us with years of experience treating pediatric patients and their families. He is a retired Colonel, Medical Corps in the United States Air Force, where he has had the opportunity to serve some of our nations most heroic families. Dr. Jones is board certified in Pediatrics and has a sub-board in Pediatric Gastroenterology. He has served as Chief Pediatric Gastroenterologist at Brooke Army Medical Center at Ft. Sam Houston, TX and at San Antonio Military Medical Center in San Antonio, TX.
Dr. Jones has the experience treating many pediatric conditions and is skilled at many GI procedures. He believes in using both his experience and medical data as well as including the patient and their families in the diagnosis and treatment of his patients. "I enjoy communicating with patients' families and getting to know them personally".
Outside of the office, Dr. Jones enjoys spending time with his wife and four children. Together they love vacationing, visiting theme parks and spending time outdoors. He also enjoys playing golf.
Dr. Jones will work at North Central Baptist Hospital as a Pediatric Gastroenterologist Hospitalist and will also be a part of South Texas Pediatric Gastroenterology next April 2020.
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Esophageal pH/impedance
- Biopsy of liver and rectum
- Anorectal manometry
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Esoinophilic Esophagitis
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Functional Abdominal Pain/Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver Disease
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Gallbladder problems